- Panda 1.0 on February 24th, 2011
Targeting Content Farms
What is a content farm? Sites using robotic software or employing many writers who create content aimed to match popular searches. Often written for the search engine, not for the user looking for valuable information. Approximately 12% of the sites on Google were affected by this algorithm
- Panda 2.0 on April 11th or so.
- Panda 2.1 on May 9th or so.
- Panda 2.2 on June 18th or so.
- Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd.
- Panda 2.4 in August
Heavier penalties for duplicate content. If you have found a big drop in traffic around this time start deleting your duplicated posts.
- Panda 2.5 on September 28th
- Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th
- Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th
- Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th
- Panda 3.1 on November 18th
- Panda 3.2 on about January 15th, 2012
- Panda 3.3 Febuary 26th
- Panda 3.4 March 23rd
Targeting websites with more than one ad above the fold.
Websites have two sections upper fold and lower fold. The algorithm update focuses on the upper fold of a website, penalizing sites that are ad top heavy sites.